Saturday, December 17, 2011

Christmas Quiz

I know its been a while, and I have a lot of blogging to catch up on.  I've been in a rut and haven't felt like blogging just yet.  A few of my blogger friends have posted this Christmas Quiz, and I decided to get in on the action to, and take the quiz.  Enjoy!
1. Egg nog or Hot chocolate? Hot chocolate!  I love Stephen's mint hot chocolate, and Stephen's cinnamon hot chocolate.
2.  Does Santa wrap presents or set them under the tree? If it was my way, he would set them under the tree, but Lee loves to wrap presents and watch the kids unwrap them so we HAVE to wrap the presents.  But I make him do most of the work.  I only wrap the presents that are easy to wrap.
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white?  I prefer white.  I think they are beautiful and peaceful.  Lee like colored so we compromise.  White lights on my tree upstairs.  Colored lights on the kids tree downstairs, and all red lights on the house.
4. Do you hang mistletoe? No
5. When do you put your decorations up? The weekend after Thanksgiving.  I love having them up this early.  Growing up we couldn't put up our tree until 2 weeks before Christmas.  My dad was a bit of a scrooge.  He is better now that he has grandkids.  :)
6. What is your favorite holiday dish? I don't know that I have a favorite, because their isn't anything that we make just for Christmas. 
7.  Favorite holiday memory as a child? Every Christmas Eve as a child we would go out to Goshen and watch their Christmas program.  Then Santa would come, and we would get to visit with him.  Then we would get a brown bag full of peanuts, candy and an orange.  When I got a little older I found out that Santa was actually my Grandpa Jensen!  It then became very special to me, knowing my grandpa did that for so many years.  He was the BEST santa ever!!
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I honestly don't remember.  I know it wasn't a horrible truth to find out.  I wasn't crushed to learn the truth. 
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Yes, we get to open pajamas on Christmas Eve. 
10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree?  I have two trees in my house.  The one upstairs in the livingroom is my tree.  I decorate it in silver, green, and red, with white lights.  The tree downstairs in the familyroom is the kids tree.  They decorate it with colored lights.  We also go buy an ornament every year for each person in the house and that ornament gets put on their tree.
11. Snow!  Love it or dread it? I dread it!!  I don't like the snow at all.  Especially if I have to go out in it.  I always tell Lee that I am not meant to live in Utah, even though I have been here my whole life.  I am meant for warm places.
12. Can you ice skate? Yes, but the last time I ice skated was 8 years ago.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? When I was a child I think my favorite gift was a crimp and curl cabbage patch kid.  I loved playing with her hair. 
14. What's the most important thing about the holidays for you? Spending it with family.  Being able to teach my kids the true meaning of Christmas. 
15. What is your favorite holiday dessert? Once again, I don't really have a favorite.  I like to try new recipes, so I don't make one dessert just for the holidays. 
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? A few years ago, Lee and I started a tradition with our kids that they love.  Every Christmas Eve before we go to bed, we write a letter to Christ.  The first couple years we started this, Tyra would draw a picture for Christ.  Last year was the first year she could write her letter.  Paisley this year will draw her picture.  Its a good reminder for them for what the true meaning of Christmas is.  We stick the letter in our stockings.  We leave it in there all year, and the next year we read them, and then write our new letter.
17. What tops your tree? A bow
18. Which do you prefer: giving or receiving?  Definitely giving.  I love to see the joy in the faces when the gift is being open.  I love shopping for gifts. 
19. Candy canes: yummy or yucky? Yummy, as long as they are peppermint.  I don't like the candy flavored ones.
20. Favorite Christmas show? I have lots of favorites.  They include: Christmas Vacation, How the Grinch Stole Christmas (with Jim Carrey), Its a Wonderful Life, Polar Express, Four Christmases, The Family Stone, A Christmas Story.
21. Saddest Christmas Song? I cry when I hear Christmas Shoes for the first time of the season.
22. Favorite Christmas Song? I like most Christmas songs.  I like to listen to Bing Crosby, I have been listening to Glee's Christmas soundtracks (both of them).  I like Where Are You Christmas by Faith Hill.  I like I Wanna Hippopotamus for Christmas.  Listening to my kids sing that song is awesome.  I like Porky Pig's version of Blue Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment