Tuesday, April 5, 2011

The Engagement/Wedding

I wrote about how we met, our dating period, and now on to the engagement and wedding. In February (not on Valentine's Day) of 2004 is when Lee proposed to me. He took me for a ride and we ended up at the Provo Temple (remember this is where we went that first Sunday that we met). We walked around talking about that first day. Lee then told me that while we were here that first day, he knew that I was going to be his wife. Then, he got down on one knee and asked me to marry him! Of course I started to cry and I said YES! We were engaged for 6 months. I tried really hard not to be a "Bridezilla". And for the most part, I really don't think I was. I really wasn't into details at the time. I just wanted something simple, but looked nice. My mom made the centerpieces and some of the flower arrangements, and planned most of the wedding. She is amazing! We were married July 10, 2004, in the Mount Timpanogas Temple. I honestly don't remember a whole lot from that day. It seemed to have all happened so fast. I remember that it was a beautiful, warm, sunny day (I chose to be married in the summer, my favorite season) We were sealed in the morning, took photographs around the temple afterwards, had our luncheon at Los Hermanos in Lindon, and had the reception that night in Payson. The wedding colors were black, red and pink. My bridesmaids were my sister, Shantel, and my roomies Heidi, and Linzee. The groomsmen were my brother, Scott, and Lee's brother Mike. A lot of people came out to celebrate with us, which was wonderful and touching. One of my favorite memories from that day was at my reception. My job at that time was working at the Day Training program for Danville Services. I was touched that many of the individuals that I worked with were able to come to my reception. It meant so much to me!! One of them even sang to Lee and I as she came through the line. It was awesome!! That night we stayed at the Somewhere Inn Time bed and breakfast in Lindon. We opened the wedding gifts the next day at my parent's house. And there you have it folks, our engagement and wedding!

1 comment: